INVITATION TO BID
SUPPLY, DELIVERY AND INSTALLATION OF MATERIALS FOR THE RESTORATION OF AS350B2 ECUREUIL (RP-3502) ENGINE ARRIEL 1D1 (SN: 9400) HELICOPTER â€"DUE TO 15-YEAR
ENGINE MANDATORY CALENDAR LIMIT- AND SUPPLY OF PARTS, ACCESSORIES, CONSUMABLES AND OTHER SERVICES FOR THE HELICOPTER OF THE DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL RESOURCES (DENR)
Bid Ref. No. 2013-022 (Rebid)
(Previous Bid Ref. No. 2012-130)
Approved Budget for the Contract: =P 57, 071, 520.00
1. The Philippine International Trading Corporation (PITC) and the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) intend to apply the sum of PESOS: Fifty Seven Million Seventy One Thousand Five Hundred Twenty (=P 57, 071, 520.00) (Inclusive of VAT), being the Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) to payment under the contract for the Supply, Delivery and Installation of Materials for the Restoration of AS350B2 Ecureuil (RP-3502) Engine Arriel 1D1 (SN:9400) Helicopter- Due to 15-Year Engine Mandatory Calendar Limit- and Supply of Parts, Accessories, Consumables and Other Services for the Helicopter of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) more particularly described as follows:
Description Qty ABC (PhP)
Repair/Restoration of Turbomeca Arriel 1D1 Engine of the
Eurocopter AS 350 B2 Ecureuil.
Supply, Delivery and Installation of Factory New Tail Rotor
Gearbox (PN: 350A33020005)
Supply, Delivery and Installation of Emergency Floatation Device fit
for AS350 B2 Helicopter
Supply of Labor and Materials to comply with the Alert Service Bulletin (ASB), Service Bulletin
(SB), Upcoming Inspections and Service Facilitation tor the Renewal of Certificates of
Registration, Airworthiness and Aircraft Station License
Supply and Delivery of Parts, Items and Consumables
ONE (1) LOT
(Inclusive of VAT) Funding Source
45, 931, 580.62
2, 839, 288.16
6, 725, 600.00
1, 160, 928.84
PITC OR No.
0071097 dated 21
Nov 2012 & PITC OR
No. 007114 dated 27
Bid Security: Cash/ Cashierâ€™s/
Managerâ€™s Check, Bank
Draft/ Guarantee, Irrevocable Letter of Credit
1, 141, 430.40
Bid Security: Surety Bond (5%) **
2, 853, 576.00
TOTAL 57, 071, 520.00 1, 141, 430.40 2, 853, 576.00 50, 000.00
* Only those issued and confirmed by a Local Universal or Local Commercial Bank ** Must be callable upon demand. Bond must specify additional grounds for forfeiture of Bid Security as provided in Clause 18.1. 2. Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected at Bid opening. Late bids shall not be accepted.
3. PITC and DENR now invite Bids from Bidders for the Supply, Delivery and Installation of Materiald for the Restoration of AS350B2 Ecureuil (RP-3502) Engine Arriel 1D1 (SN:9400) Helicopter- Due to 15-Year Engine Mandatory Calendar Limit â€" and Supply of Parts, Accessories, Consumables and other Services for the Helicopter hereafter referred to as GOODS and/or SERVICES..
4. Bidders must meet the following qualifications as - (1) Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP)-registered; (2) Approved Maintenance Organization (AMO) certified; and (3) Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) authorized dealers/distributors. The foregoing qualifications shall apply to the following:
a) Turbomeca Engine and Parts and Designated Overhaul Facility for Arriel 1D1 Engine; and b) Eurocopter Helicopter Parts.
5. The bidding is open to local and foreign companies. However, foreign companies must be represented by a CAAP registered and AMO certified Philippine-based company. Bidders must have an appropriate hangarage located in the Philippines.
6. Completion of deliverables are as follows:
Description Completion Period
Repair/Restoration of Turbomeca Arriel 1D1 Engine of the Eurocopter AS 350 B2 Ecureuil.
Supply, Delivery and Installation of Factory New Tail Rotor Gearbox (PN: 350A33020005)
Supply, Delivery and Installation of Emergency Floatation Device fit for AS350 B2 Helicopter
Supply of Labor and Materials to comply with the Alert Service Bulletin (ASB), Service Bulletin (SB), Upcoming Inspections and Service Facilitation tor the Renewal of Certificates of Registration, Airworthiness and Aircraft
5 Supply and Delivery of Parts, Items and Consumables
Within One Hundred Eighty (180) Calendar Days after receipt of Notice to Proceed
* NTP shall be issued after receipt of Teardown Inspection Report of the Turbomeca Arriel 1D1 Engine
7. A prospective Bidder should have completed within the last five (5) years from the date of submission and receipt of bids at least one (1) single contract of similar nature amounting to at least fifty percent (50%) of the ABC or at least two (2) similar contracts and the aggregate amount of which should be equivalent to at least fifty percent (50%) of the ABC. The largest of these similar contracts must be equivalent to at least twenty-five percent (25%) of the ABC.
â€œSimilar in natureâ€ shall mean â€œRepair/Restoration/Overhaul of Aircraft and Aircraft Engineâ€
8. Open competitive bidding will be conducted using a non-discretionary â€œpass/failâ€ criterion as specified in the Revised Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act (R.A.) 9184, otherwise known as the â€œGovernment Procurement Reform Actâ€. All particulars relative to this bidding including Eligibility Checking, Bid Security, Evaluation and Post-Qualification Procedures and Award of Contract shall be governed by R.A. 9184 and itâ€™s Revised IRR. 9. The Invitation to Bid and Checklist of Requirements may be downloaded from the website of the
Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS) and PITC website at www.pitc.gov.ph. The complete set of Bidding Documents may be purchased by interested Bidders as indicated above upon payment of a nonrefundable fee as indicated above. The Bidding Documents shall be received personally by the prospective Bidder or his duly authorized representative upon presentation of proper identification document.
For purposes of having a legal personality to either attend the Pre-Bid Conference and/or to raise or submit written queries or clarifications relative to this bid project, Bidder must first pay the nonrefundable fee for the Bidding Documents on or before the date of Pre-Bid Conference.
For the Pre-bid Conference, Bidders are encouraged to send their authorized technical representatives or personnel who are familiar with the bid requirements and will prepare the documents for the Bidder.
10. The Schedule of Bidding Activities shall be as follows:
ACTIVITIES TIME VENUE 1. Sale and Issuance of Bid
11. Interested bidders may obtain further information from the BAC I Secretariat c/o Ms. Ana DG. Asprec at
the 5/F, NDC Building, 116 Tordesillas Street, Salcedo Village, 1227 Makati City, from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM only, Mondays to Fridays starting 30 January 2013 at tel. No. 818-98-01 loc. 308. However, any queries relative to the contents of the bid documents and the project requirements can only be made by suppliers who purchased the bid documents not later than ten (10) days prior to the Submission and Opening of Bids.
12. PITC reserves the right to accept or reject any bid proposal, to annul the bidding process, and to reject all bids at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected Bidder or Bidders.
(sgd) ATTY. MA. VICTORIA C. MAGCASE Chair, Bids & Awards Committee I
Postings on 29 January 2013 to 06 February 2013, PhilGEPS, PITC Website (www.pitc.gov.ph) & PITC Bulletin Board Ads @ Philippine Star on 29 January 2013
Approved budget: PHP 57,071,520.00