REPUBLIC OF ALBANIA
Ministry of Public Works andTransport
INTEGRATED COASTAL ZONEMANAGEMENT AND CLEAN-UP PROJECT
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
INTEGRATED COASTAL ZONE MANAGEMENT AND CLEANUPPROJECT,
IDA CREDIT No. 4083-ALB.
IFB titleand Number:
"Construction Works for Bajkaj Landfill andAncillary Structures" (ref. B.1.d.1/2)
Lot 1. "Construction of Bajkaj Landfill, andaccess roads (Reconstruction of road from Stjari Bamatati junction to new national road Kardhiq-Delvine and new access road from Kardhiq- Delvine to Landfill ; and
Lot 2. "Construction of Transfer Station in Himara and access road to Transfer Station".
1.This Invitation for Bids follows the GeneralProcurement Notice for this Project that appeared in Development Business, issue no. 622 of September 16, 2005.
2. The Government of Albania has received credit from the International Development Association toward the cost of Integrated Coastal ZoneManagement and Cleanup Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the Contract for "Construction Works for Bajkaj Landfill and Ancillary Structures" (ref. B.1.d.1/2)
3. The Ministry of Public Works and Transport, PCU of ICZMCP now invitessealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for "Construction Works forBajkaj Landfill and Ancillary Structures" (ref. B.1.d.1/2) comprising of:
Lot 1. "Construction of Bajkaj Landfill, and access roads (Reconstruction of road from StjariBamatati junction to new national roadKardhiq-Delvine and new access road from Kardhiq- Delvine to Landfill ; and
Lot 2. "Constructionof Transfer Station in Himara and access road to Transfer Station".
Bidders areallowed to quote separate prices for different contracts and multiple contracts might be awarded to a single bidder. The construction period is 12 (twelve) months for Lot 1and 6 months for Lot 2, after the signature of the Contractincluded 1 (one) month contractor'smobilization.
4. Bidding will be conducted through theInternational Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank's Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, May 2004 and revised on October2006 and on May 2010, and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the BiddingDocuments.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from theMinistry of Public Works, and Transport (PCU/ICZMCP): E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org inspect the Bidding Documents at theaddress given below from 8.00 am to 16.30 pm, Monday through Thursday and 8.00 am to 14.00 on Friday.
6. A complete set ofBidding Documents in English Language may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written Application to theaddress below and upon payment of a non refundable fee 30 000 ALL(thirty thousand AlbanianLek) or equivalent. The methodof payment will be with bank transfer in Albanian Lek
Beneficiary Customer: ICZMCP- IDA Credit No. 40-83 ALB
Account No. AL98213110200000000000830020 in ALL
Beneficiary Bank: Societe Generale Albania / Blvd"Deshmoret e Kombit" Twin Towers 1, floor 9, Tirana, Albania:
SWIFT CODE: PUPPALTR
Correspondent Agentof Beneficiary Bank: Societe GeneraleParis
Swift Code: SOGEFRPP
The documents can be sent electronically as speedier way(this will be done after having paid the fee) but a hard copy will be sent anyway to the companies as official document. The Bidding Documents will be sent by Express Courierat the bidder's expense.
7. Bids must be delivered to the address below ator before October 10, 2012, 11.00am, local time. Allbids shall be accompanied by a Bid Security of
Lot 1. 10, 000, 000 ALL (ten millionAlbanian Lek) ;
Lot 2. 1, 500, 000 ALL (one million five hundred thousand AlbanianLek /or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency. Latebids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders'representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below on October 10, 2012, at 11.00 am, local time.
8. The addressreferred to aboveis:
Attention to: Project Coordination Unit (PCU)/ 3nd- floor, Room no:318
Ministry ofPublic Works andTransport
Integrated Coastal Zone Management and Clean-upProject
Square:"Skenderbej" No.5 Tirana, Albania
Tel/Fax: ++ 355 4 22 737 38
E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org;