Ballina North Breakwater Remedial Works – Concrete Hanbar Casting
RFT ID DTIRIS12/24
Close Date & Time 16-May-2012 2:00pm
Description Ballina North Breakwater is located at the entrance to the Richmond River on the north coast of NSW, approximately 80 km south of the NSW-QLD border.
Recent condition assessments have revealed that in a number of places along the breakwater trunk and head, armour rocks appear to have been dislodged by slumping as a result of wave action and may no longer be adequately protecting the core. In addition, relocation of armour rocks may have resulted in the effective lowering of the crest level in parts, which could lead to increased overtopping. This contract is to provide the concrete armour to be later placed on the breakwater.
The scope of work shall include but shall not necessarily be limited to :-
• preparation of Contractor’s Management Plans and updates including but not limited to Construction Program, Quality Plan and relevant Inspection and Test Plans, Project OHS Management Plan and relevant Safe Work Method Statements and the Contractor’s Environment Management Plan;
• site establishment, including the import / preparation of appropriate bedding material for the casting of Hanbars and completion of pre-construction delapidation surveys (as defined under Section 9.2 of the Specification);
• installation and maintenance of environmental control provisions and the monitoring of construction activities during the execution of the works in accordance with the Management Plans;
• Casting of 8, 12 and 16 Tonne Hanbars, including supply of concrete, removal of formwork, performance testing and placement for storage within the casting site (formwork to be supplied by the Principal); and
• site disestablishment and restoration, including completion of post-construction delapidation surveys.
Agency Catchment & Lands
Category (Reporting & Notification)
(based on UNSPSC)
95121620 - Breakwater
Location NSW Regions: Richmond Tweed
RFT Type Open Tenders - An invitation to tender by public advertisement with no restriction placed on who may tender. Tenderers will normally be required to demonstrate in their tender that they have the necessary skills, resources, experience, financial capacity, and in some cases licences, accreditations, etc., to fulfil the tender requirements.
Address for Lodgement eTender only
Estimated Timeframe for Delivery 4 weeks
Contact Person Ron Main
Phone Number 02 4920 5054
Mobile Number 0409 129 810
Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org