UNIVERSITY OF DAR ES SALAAM
Invitation for Bids(IFB)
NAME OF PROJECT: Science and Technology Higher Education Project (STHEP)
CREDIT NUMBER: IDA 44540
IFB TITLE: Supply ofHydraulic, Hydrology, Climate and Water Quality Laboratory Equipment for Water Resources Engineering at College of Engineering andTechnology at University Of Dar Es Salaam
IFB NUMBER: PA/011/G/WBP/048/2010/2011
1. This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project that appearedin Development Business, issue no. 751 of 31st May, 2009.
2. The Government of Tanzania has received a Loan from the International DevelopmentAssociation (IDA) toward the cost of Science and Technology Higher Education Project (STHEP), and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this Loan to payments under the Contract for Supply of Hydraulic, Hydrology, Climate and Water Quality Laboratory Equipment for Water Resources Engineering at College of Engineering and Technologyat University Of Dar Es Salaam
3. TheUniversity of Dar es Salaam now invitessealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for Supply of the following items for Water Resources Engineering at College ofEngineering and Technology. The supply of goods under this tender isdivided into four lots as detailed below and bidders may submitbids for any one or a combination of lots or all lots. Evaluation will be done lot by lot:
Hydraulic Laboratory Equipment
Hydrology Laboratory Equipment
Climate Laboratory Equipment
Water Quality LaboratoryEquipment
4. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) proceduresspecified in the World Bank's Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDACredits, and are open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Guidelines.
5. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further informationfrom University of Dar es Salaam, Administration block, 1st Floor, Room No.214; P.O. Box35091, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, East Africa and inspect the bidding documents at theaddress given from 0900 to 1500hrs
6. Qualifications requirements are provided in the BiddingDocuments. A margin of preference for certain goods manufactured domestically shallnot be applied. Additional details are providedin the Bidding Document as appeared in Section III ? Evaluation and Qualification Criteria under Post ? qualification Requirements(ITB 38.2)
7. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may bepurchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written Application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee TAS 150, 000.00 or equivalent in a freely convertible currency. The method of payment willbe either Cash or banker s cheque to address payable to VICECHANCELLOR, UNIVERSITY OF DAR ES SALAAM. The Bidding document will be collected fromthe address of SECRETARY, University of Dar es Salaam Tender Board P.O. BOX 35091, Dar es salaam Tanzania, East Africa -Administration Block 1st Floor room No. 214. The Bidding Documents will be sent by airmail or courier services for overseascompany.
8. Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 10:00 am May 17, 2012. Electronic bidding willnot be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of thebidders' representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below at 10:00am May 17, 2012. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid-Security (Bank Guarantee) of 2.5% of the bid price.
9. The address referredto above is: SECRETARY, University of Dar es Salaam Tender Board P.O. BOX 35091, Dar es salaam, Tanzania, East Africa -Administration Block 1st Floor room No. 214. All Bids shouldbe enclosed in plain envelopes clearly marked ICB No. PA/011/G/WBP/048/2010/2011 FOR LOT NUMBER ___ NOT TO BEOPENED BEFORE 10:00 am on May 17, 2012.
Attn: Mr. John Kafuku
University of Dar es Salaam
P. O. Box 35091
Dar es Salaam.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com