REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Feasibility Study and Business Plan for Central African Terrestrial Segment of AU-NEPAD ICT Broadband Infrastructure Network
NEPAD PLANNING AND COORDINATING AGENCY (NPCA)
The NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency (NPCA) is the technical body of Africa Union in charge of facilitating the implementation of continental priority projects, among them, the development of broadband connectivity across the continent.
The NPCA is looking for a consulting firm to carry out a feasibility study and develop a business plan for a seamless cross-border broadband network for West Africa region. The consulting firm will provide:
• Database of existing , under construction and planned fibre –optic links in the region and their characteristics,
• Identify missing links
• Design a draft network, with different sceneries of implementation, taking in consideration traffic projections in the region (for the next 15 years) and existing infrastructures (terrestrial links, submarine landing points...).
• Estimate the cost of rollout
• Determine the viability of the proposed network.
Develop a business plan for implementation of the same.
• Determine the Gap between regional economic policy , regulatory acts, guideline, directive, etc and the Kigali Protocol under Review which can be downloaded directly from NEPAD website http://www.nepad.org/crosscuttingissues/ict
• Propose an interconnection and right of the way model for the region preferably base on usage bearing in mind land locked countries.
• Assessment of the nature of potential investors and recommend the different possible legal and financial PPP structures to be retained for the SPV(s) to be created.
Interested firm can obtain tender documents at the following address:
NEPAD PLANNING AND COORDINATING AGENCY
THE SECRETARIAT OF NEPAD e-AFRICA PROGRAMME,
CSIR BUILDING 43B SECOND FLOOR,
MEIRING NAUDE ROAD,
LYNNWOOD, PRETORIA 0081,
GAUTENG, SOUTH AFRICA
E-Mail: lazaree@ nepad.org
Phone : +27 12 841 46 61
Fax : +27 12 841 29 96
Or by downloading directly from NEPAD website through the following link : http://nepad.org/crosscuttingissues/ict
The consulting firm must be able to mobilize and confirm the availability of the experts required for carrying out this exercise.
The consulting firm will be selected in accordance with the procedure set out in the NEPAD Procurement Guide Line. The study will be funded by EU- Infrastructure Trust Fund (EU-ITF) grant through the French Development Agency (AFD).
Interested Firms are requested to submit their proposals in line with the tender document by 15H00 on April the 16th, 2012 to :
NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency
Block B, Gateway Park, Corner Challenger & Columbia Avenues, Midridge office Park, Midrand Private Bag218, Midrand, Gauteng,
Phone : +27 11 256 3600/3642
Website : http://nepad.org/crosscuttingissues/ict
E-mail : Corinem@nepad.org
Only the selected consulting firm will be contacted