Invitation for Bids (IFB)
THESOCIALISTREPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
SECOND TRANSMISSION AND DISTRIBUTIONPROJECT
SUB-PROJECT: 220/110KV HOC MON - HIEPBINH PHUOC TRANSMISSION LINE.
PACKAGE No. HMHBP-G01:SUPPLY OF 220KV, 110KV UNDERGROUND CABLES, TERMINATIONS, LIGHTNING ARRESTERS AND SERVICES AS INSTALLATION, CONNECTION, INCLUDINGCOMMISSIONING TESTS
1. This Invitation forBids follows the General Procurement Noticefor this Project that appeared in Development Business, issue no.670 of 16 January2006.
2. The SocialistRepublic of Vietnam has received a Credit from the International Development Association (IDA) toward the cost of the SecondTransmission and Distribution Project and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this Credit to payments under the contractfor Supply of 220kV, 110kV Underground Cables, Terminations, Lightning Arresters and Services as Installation, Connection, including Commissioning Tests for 220/110kV Hoc Mon - Hiep Binh Phuoc Transmission Line.
3. Under the authorization of Vietnam Electricity (EVN), the Hochiminh City PowerCorporation (EVNHCMC) now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for Package HMHBP-G01: Supply of 220kV, 110kVUnderground Cables, Terminations, Lightning Arresters and Services as Installation, Connection, including Commissioning Tests for220/110kV Hoc Mon - Hiep Binh Phuoc Transmission Line.
4. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB)procedures specified in the World Bank's Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, and is open to all bidders fromEligible Source Countries as defined in the Guidelines.
5. Interestedeligible bidders may obtain further information from EVNHCMC and inspect theBidding Documents at the address given below from October 21, 2011 during working time(8:00 to 16:00 Hanoi time on working day).
6. Qualifications requirements include documentary evidence (contract agreements, bill of quantity, Purchaser's certificates, etc.) proving that the Bidder: (i) has carried out at least two (02) similar contracts within thelast 5years (2006-2010) (a similar contract means a contract for supply, installationandtesting of 110kV Underground cable system or above (including XLPE underground cables and accessories) of which the value of each contract is not less than USD 1, 300, 000), (ii) has the average turnoverof three recent fiscal years (2008-2010) must be at least USD 5, 000, 000, (iii) is in compliance with ISO-9001:2008 or equivalentquality requirements in manufacturing and technical standards for the goods supplied and iv) the project manager with 07 years'experience in works on power projects, including having acted as manager on 01 underground cable system project of not less than110kV. A margin of preference for eligible national contractors shall be applied. Additional details are provided in the BiddingDocuments.
7. A completeset of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on thesubmission of a written Application to the address below and upon payment of a non refundable fee of USD 200 or 4, 000, 000 VND. Themethod of payment will be cash, cheque or by transfer of funds to the Bank account number 0521005639007(for VND), An Binh Bank (ABBank)- Ho Chi Minh City Branch or0071370089307 (for USD), Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam (Vietcombank) # HoChi Minh City Branch. The Bidding Documents may be directly collected at the addressbelow or sent by courier upon the Bidder's written request andpayment of an additional amount of USD 50 for overseas delivery orVND 1, 000, 000 for delivery within Vietnam.
8. Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 9:00AM (Hanoi time) on December 05, 2011(called deadline for submission of bids). Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders' representativeswho choose to attend inperson at the address below at 9:30 AM (Hanoi time)on December 05, 2011.
9. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of USD 45, 000.00 or VND 900, 000, 000.00or equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency.
10. The address referred to above is:
Ho Chi Minh City Power Corporation (EVNHCMC)
GreenPower Building, 5th Floor.
35 Ton Duc Thang St., District 1, Hochiminh City, Vietnam.
Telephone: (84-8) 22101125/22100441
Facsimile: (84-8) 222 011 00
Email address: VinhLQ@hcmpc.com.vn
Attn.: Mr PhamQuoc Bao
Deputy GeneralDirector of EVNHCMC
Cc: MrLuong Quoc Vinh
Deputy Director of Procurement Department