TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADSAGENCY
SECOND CENTRAL TRANSPORT CORRIDOR PROJECT (CTCP 2)
IDA CREDIT NO. 4455-TZ
Invitation for Bids
CONSTRUCTION OF DARES SALAAM BUS RAPID TRANSIT
(BRT) INFRASTRUCTURE# PHASE 1
PACKAGE 1:ROAD WORKS
LOT 1: MOROGORO ROAD (KIMARA # MAGOMENI)
LOT 2: MOROGORO ROAD (MAGOMENI # KIVUKONI), KAWAWA ROAD (MAGOMENI # MOROCCO) AND MSIMBAZI ROAD (FIRE- KARIAKOO)
Tender No. AE/001/2009/10/HQ/W/35
1. Thisinvitation for bids follows the general procurement notice for this project that appeared in
2. in United Nations Development Business Issue No. 709 of 31st August 2007 and the dgMarket and updated on 31stMarch 2009.
4. The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania has received creditfrom the International DevelopmentAssociation (IDA) towards the costof Second Central Transport Corridor Project (CTCP 2). It is intendedthat part of the proceeds ofthis credit will be applied to eligible payments under the contracts for Construction of Dar es Salaam Bus Rapid Transit (BRT)Infrastructure - Phase 1.
5. The Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) who is the ImplementingAgency now invites sealed bids fromeligible bidders for Constructionof Dar es Salaam Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Infrastructure # Package 1, which consist of two lots asdescribed below:
Lot 1: Construction of about 10.9 km bituminous finished roadcomprising ofAsphalt Concrete for mixed traffic lanes and Cement Concrete exclusive bus ways; construction of 15 trunk stations, 2new bus terminals and2 pedestrian bridges; and relocation of services for water supply and telecommunications ("the Works"); and
Lot 2: Construction of about 10.5 km bituminous finished roadand cement concrete pavement at stations; construction of 14 bus stations buildings, 1 bus terminal, 1 feeder station and 1pedestrian bridge; and relocation of services for water supply and telecommunications ("the Works").
The Works for both lots shall be executed concurrently and construction period for each lot shall be twenty four (24)months including mobilization period.
6. Bidders may bid for one or both lots of Package 1 as further defined in the bidding documents. Bidderswishing to offer discounts in case they are awarded both contracts will be allowed to do so.
7. Bidding will be conducted through International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the WorldBank's Guidelines: Procurement under IDA Credits, May 2004, Revised October 1, 2006 andare open to bidders from all countries as defined in the guidelines. Domestic bidders shall not be eligible for margin ofpreference.
8. Bidders will be post-qualified for the above contracts based on the following key qualificationcriteria:-
Lot 1 and Lot 2
Minimum average annual construction turnover calculated as totalcertified payments received for contracts in progress or completed within the last five (5) years
Minimum cash flow that the bidder must demonstrate to access or its availability
Minimum period of involvement in the role of contractor,subcontractor, or management contractor in each of the lastfive (5) years prior to the bid submission deadline
Minimum value of each of at least two contracts of similar to the proposed Works that have been successfully and substantially completed by the bidder as the contractor, managementcontractor, or subcontractor, within the last five (5) years
9. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents at the TANROADSHEADQUARTERS at the following address:-
The Chief Executive
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS)
Bibi Titi Mohamed Road
Maktaba Complex, 3rd Floor
P. O. Box11364
Dar es Salaam Tanzania
Telephone: +25522 2152576/ 2150932/ 2151639/2152140/ 2152242/ 2152186
Facsimile number: +255 222150022/2152032.
from 8:00 to 16:30 hours local time at the office of The Secretary, TANROADS Headquarters TenderBoard.
10. A complete set of bidding documents in English for each lot, may be purchased by interested bidders on thesubmission of a written application to the address above and upon payment of nonrefundable fee of Tanzania Shillings 150,000.00(One hundred Fifty thousand Only) or its equivalent in freely convertible currency, payable by Banker's Cheque, Banker's Draft orcash to the Chief Executive, TANROADS, P. O. Box 11364, Dar es Salaam Tanzania.
11. Sealed Bids must be delivered to The Secretary, TANROADS HeadquartersTender Board, 3rd Floor, MaktabaComplex, Room 3, Bibi Titi Mohamed Road, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania on or before 10:00 hours local time on 1st June, 2010.All bids must be accompanied by a bid security in original and in acceptable form in the amount of TZS 1,000,000,000.00 (TanzaniaShillings One Billion) or its equivalent in a freely convertible currency for each lot. Electronic bidding shall not bepermitted.
12. Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders' representatives and anyone who choose to attend at TANROADSHeadquarters, Maktaba Complex, Bibi Titi Mohamed Road, 3rd Floor, Room No. 3, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, immediately afterthe deadline for submission of tender. Late bids will be rejected.
TANROADS Headquarter Tender Board
3rd Floor, Maktaba Complex
Bibi Titi Mohamed Road
P. O. Box11364