Request for Expression of Interest
The Government of the Philippines through the Department of Health (DOH) has received a loan from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) towards the cost of the Second Women's Health and Safe Motherhood Project (WHSMP2) and intends to apply part of the funds to cover eligible payments under the Contract for the "COMPREHENSIVE EMERGENCY OBSTETRICS AND NEWBORN CARE (CEmONC) SKILLS TRAINING CURRICULUM AND MODULE DEVELOPMENT".
I. The Services are as follows:
The consulting firm and its team of consultants shall work closely with the Women's Health Safe Motherhood Project 2 (WHSMP2) Team and the Task Force for the Rapid Reduction in Maternal and Newborn Mortality of DOH in the conduct of the following:
1. Determine the subject areas and level of competency that a CEmONC doctor must possess given the limitation of a general practitioner.
2. In consultation with critical stakeholders in the public and private sector, develop a training curriculum for CEmONC skills appropriate for general practitioners in public hospitals designated to be CEmONC providers.
3. Develop a module that defines the (1) training methodology, (2) training duration, (3) training materials and references and (4) subject areas in sequential order.
4. Build consensus with the DOH and LGU stakeholders and relevant professional organizations.
5. Conduct a dissemination forum to launch and present the curriculum and module(s) developed.
II. Desired Qualifications
A Consulting Firm with proven track record in the delivery of quality outputs and has expertise in Health Training and public health program operations will be engaged to lead the team composed of the following expertise into the development of the CEmONC Skills Training Curriculum and Module(s):
• Obstetrics and gynecology
• Newborn medicine/pediatrics
• Curriculum development
• Module development
The Central Office Bids and Awards Committee (COBAC) of the Department of Health now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, and experience in similar conditions).
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, 1 May 2004.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below from 8 AM to 8 PM.
Expression of Interest must be delivered to the Address below by January 11, 2010.
ALEXANDER A. PADILLA
Undersecretary of Health
G/F Building 6, San Lazaro Compound, Rizal Avenue,
Sta. Cruz, 1003 Manila
Trunk Line 743-83-01 Direct Line: 741-97-75
URL: http://www.doh.gov.ph; e-mail: email@example.com
Approved budget: PHP 3,500,000.00
Delivery period: 180 Day/s
Original notice: http://www.philgeps.net/GEPS/Tender/PrintableBidNoticeAbstractUI.aspx?refid=1093553