THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
MINISTRY OF INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOMENT
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR SUPERVISION OFUPGRADING OF KIBAHA WEIGHBRIDGE STATION AND CONSTRUCTION OF NEW WEIGHBRIDGE STATIONS AT HOROHORO, SIRARI, NYAKAHURA, NAMANGA ANDKIBAIGWA
TENDER NO. AE/001/2008-09/HQ/C/69
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
1. This request forExpressions of Interest (EOI) follows the General Procurement Notice for the East Africa Trade and Transport FacilitationProject(EATTFP) that appeared in the UN Development No. 694 of 16th January 2006.
2. The Government of the United Republic of Tanzaniahas received a financing from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of the East Africa Trade andTransportation Facilitation Project (EATTFP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit toeligible payments under thecontract for supervision of Upgrading of Kibaha weighbridge station and construction of new weighbridge stations at Horohoro,Sirari, Nyakahura, Namanga and Kibaigwa in Tanzania.
3. The upgrading and construction works include approach lanes, parking yard and installation ofnew fixed scale at Kibaha weighbridge site inCoast region. The works also consist ofconstruction of new weighbridge offices, parking yards, installation of new scales at Horohoro (in Tanga region), Namanga (inArusha region), Sirari (in Mara region) Nyakahura (in Kagera region) and Kibaigwa (in Dodoma region).
4. The scope of the assignment includes, but not limited to:
· Supervision of the Works Contract to ensure that the works comply withthe approved design, drawings, specifications, conditions of contract and sound engineering practice;
· Approval of Contractor's working drawings;
· Certifying payments;
· Preparation of final construction report and as built drawings ofallcompleted works;
· Preparation of the project completion report; and
· Supervision of maintenance activities during the defects liabilityperiod.
5. The Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS), an Agency of the Ministry of InfrastructureDevelopment, now invites eligible consultants toexpress their interest in providing the above-mentioned services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating their qualifications for performingthe services. Such information may include brochures, description of assignments of similarnature in the past 10 years' experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff related to theassignment, etc. For each assignment performed, the consultant shall provide the following:
· The name and address of the client;
· Date(s) of execution; and
· Names(s) of Lead and Associate firms.
Consultants may associate with local or foreign firms to enhance their qualifications.
6. Short-listing and final selection of consultants will be in accordance to the World BankGuidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers May 2004, Revised October 2006.
7. Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hoursfrom 08:000 # 16:30 hours local time, Mondays to Fridays inclusive, except Public Holidays.
8. Expressions of Interest in writing must be delivered to the address below on or before 10:00hours local time on Thursday, 19th November 2009 clearly marked: "EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR SUPERVISON OF UPGRADING OF KIBAHAWEIGHBRIDGE STATION AND CONSTRUCTION OF NEW WEIGHBRIDGE STATIONS AT HOROHORO, SIRARI, NYAKAHURA, NAMANGA ANDKIBAIGWA."
9. Expressions of Interest submitted in electronic or fax form will not be accepted.
10. Expressions of Interest shall be submitted to the following address:
TANROADS HQ Tender Board,
3rd Floor, Maktaba Complex,
Bibi Titi Mohammed Road,
P.O. Box 11364,
Dar es Salaam,
Tel: +255 22 2150932/2152576
Fax: +255 22 2150022