Invitation for Bids (IFB)
The Republic of Ghana
Ministry of Communications
e-Ghana Project (CR 4226-GH)
For the Design, Finance, Build, Operate and Transfer PPP for e-Gov Applications for Revenue Generating Agencies and the Registrar General’s Department
PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPS IN eGOVERNMENT
IFB Number: eGhana/Comp3/B2/2009
1. This Invitation for Bids (IFB) follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this Project that appeared in the UN Development Business, issue no. 689 of 31 October, 2006.
2. The Republic of Ghana has received a Credit from the International Development Association toward the cost of the eGhana Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the agreement(s) resulting from this IFB: Design, Finance, Build, Operate and Transfer PPP for e-Gov application for Revenue Generating Agencies and the Registrar General’s Department: PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP IN eGOVERNMENT.
3. The Ministry of Communications serves as the implementing agency for the project and now invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for this PPP whose purpose is to Design, Finance, Build, Operate and Transfer (DFBOT) electronic systems to be used by the Internal Revenue Service, Revenue Agencies Governing Board, Value Added Tax Service, Large Tax Payers Unit and the Registrar General Department. The procurement will include application software, hardware and the re-engineering of business processes. The PPP is intended to operate potentially as a DFBOT for a period of five (5) years.
4. Bidding will be conducted using the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s (hereinafter referred to as “Bank”) Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, dated May 2004 and is open to all Bidders from eligible source countries as defined in the Guidelines that meet the following minimum qualification criteria:
Qualification requirements for Bidders are:
• Prior experience with the development and operation of application systems for Revenue and Business Registration agencies; or other systems of similar technical nature and complexity;
• Prior business process re-engineering experience within government agencies;
• Ability to establish a fully qualified and experienced team, including Ghanaian participation, to fulfill the design, installation, training, management and operation of systems for a period of five (5) years;
• Ability to demonstrate prior successful implementations of similar projects.
• Financial capacity to fund this PPP contract. The capacity must be demonstrated by a presentation of the projected cash flow needs based on the bid price for performing this PPP contract over the contract duration of five (5) years and the available financial sources to meet the needs, supported by audited financial statements for the three (3) prior fiscal years and any commitment letters from internationally recognized banks or financial institutions where necessary.
(For the purposes of establishing a Bidder’s qualifications, the documented experience and/or resources of Subcontractors who have executed a subcontractor Agreement with the Bidder will be considered as contributing to meeting the first four qualifications above).
5. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from the Director-General GICTeD, No 5 North Ridge Close Accra (firstname.lastname@example.org) and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address specified below under point 9 from 9:00 to 17:00 hours GMT from May 11, 2009
6. This is a rebidding, therefore, the Bidding Documents are provided free of charge to purchasers of the original documents. For new bidders a complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased by interested Bidders on the submission of a written Application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of GH¢200.00 or US$200.00 including courier. The method of payment will be by cash or Bank Transfer. The account for the bank transfer is below.
7. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of not less than GH¢200,000.00 or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency and be delivered to the address below by 10:00 hours Accra Local time on or before June 30, 2009. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the Conference Room of Ministry of Communications 2nd Floor Room 26 at 10:00 hours GMT.
8. The account for Bank transfer is:
Account Name:MoC eGhana Project
Account No: 0115860212019
Bank:First Atlantic Merchant Bank
Branch Atlantic Place, Accra
9. The address referred to above is:
The Chief Director
Attention: The Project Coordinator
Ministry of Communications
P. O. Box M 38
Tel: +233 21 677 000/685 639
Fax: +233 21 667 114