Loan Nos. : 2055-FIJ: Suva Nausori Water Supply and Sewerage Project
Contract : WSC 37/07 Augmentation and Rehabilitation of the Kinoya Sewage Treatment Plant
Deadline for Bids : 12 noon on 6 April 2009
1. This invitation for bids follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project that appeared in the ADB's Business Opportunities in 2003.
2. The Government of Fiji has received a loan from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) towards the cost of the Suva/Nausori Water Supply and Sewerage Project. Part of the proceeds of this Loan will be used for payments under Contract WSC 37/07: Augmentation and Rehabilitation of the Kinoya Sewage Treatment Plant.
3. The Loan is being implemented by the Ministry of Works, Transport and Public Utilities (MWTPU) through the Water and Sewerage Department (Employer). The MWTPU invites bids from qualified and experienced Contractors to design, supply and install the following works:
Inlet Works, including: redirecting existing flow, chamber construction and decommissioning existing works; all inlet works including channels, penstocks, weirs, grit removal system, screens (automatic and manual), flow measuring devices, pipework and concrete work to enable design conditions to be met. This also includes any modifications, alterations and temporary works to the existing system to enable construction to be completed; and all electrical works and controls. This includes all switchboards, sensors and controls, power supplies and regulators, and operation manuals and instructions.
New Clarifier including: primary clarifier mechanism including location selection, earthworks, foundation design, main tank design, concrete construction, clarifier bridge and scraper mechanism and scum collection, internal pipework and pumping requirements; modifications to the existing flow splitting chamber and all pipework (influent, scour, sludge, primary effluent) to enable transportation of the of the wastewater to the new clarifier; and progressive cavity sludge pumps to three clarifiers.
New Digester including: all works associated with the digester, gas storage unit and gas flare including location selection, earthworks, foundation design, main tank design, concrete construction, internal pipework and pumping requirements; all modifications to the existing sludge pump station and pipework to enable transportation of the of the sludge to the new digester; and all new pumping elements and alterations to existing manifolds and systems to comply with the performance specification.
Electrical works including: New Switchroom; Replacement of Distribution Board 2; Inlet Works - Replacement of Distribution Board 1; and Sludge Pump Station Works.
Process and Controls including: New Switchroom - PLC & Control Cabinet; Sludge Pump Station Works - Instrumentation & controls; Tie-in to New Distribution Kiosk 2; Inlet Works & Primary Clarifier - Instrumentation & controls; and SCADA Upgrade, Communications equipment and cabling
4. International Competitive Bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB's Single-Stage: One-Envelope Bidding Procedure with post qualification and is open to all Bidders from eligible ADB source countries.
5. Interested bidders must demonstrate their ability to undertake the above-mentioned works and meet the criteria set out in the Bidding Document. The Site is located at on Ratu Dovi Road, Kinoya in Suva.
6. To obtain further information and inspect the Bidding Document bidders should contact:
The Project Management Unit
Water and Sewerage Department
Ministry of Works, Transport and Public Utilities
Level 3, Nasilivata House
87 Ratu Mara Road
Samabula, Suva, Fiji
Tel. No.: +691 332 2587
Fax No.: +691 337 2449
Attention: Mr. Sereicocoko Yanuyanurua
7. To purchase the Bidding Document bidders should:
visit the office of PMU Water and Sewerage Department at the address above and pay a non-refundable fee of FS$100 in cash;
Request for delivery by sending a written application to the office of PMU Water and Sewerage Department at the address indicated above. The application must include a bank cheque, or bank draft for a non-refundable fee of FS$100. The document will be sent by courier at no additional cost. No liability will be accepted for loss or late delivery.
8. Deliver your bids:
on or before 12 noon on 6 April 2009. Late submission will not be accepted.
in a sealed envelope marked "WSC 37/07 Augmentation and Rehabilitation of Kinoya Sewage Treatment Plant". The sealed envelope must be addressed to the Director of Water and Sewerage.
Together with a refundable Bid Security of FS$140,000. The bid security shall be in bank draft payable to Government of Fiji. Company cheques will not be accepted.
9. The Employer will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by Applicants in connection with the preparation or delivery of their applications