REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA
PDPL 2 PROJECT
Dutch Grant for Improving the Investment Climate and
Strengthening Public Sector Governance
DUTCH GRANT - TF 057988
Project ID No: P098548
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR
INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT SERVICES FOR THE ASSIGNMENT:
TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE FOR ADVISING ON ESTABLISHMENT OF DRUG REGULATORY AUTHORITY IN MACEDONIA AND LEGAL ASPECTS OF
THE REGULATION ON PRICING POLICY OF PHARMACEUTICALS
Contract No. DTF – HIF 04
1. The Republic of Macedonia has received financing from the Dutch Government as a support for Improving the Investment Climate and Strengthening Public Sector Governance and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for an individual consultant's services for the Ministry of Health, Health Insurance Fund and the Bureau for Drugs in defining the rules and legal-administrative issues when establishing National Drug Regulatory Authority.
2. Ministry of Health, Health Insurance Fund and the Bureau of Drugs now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills etc.).
3. The main objective of the assignment is to provide technical support to the Ministry of Health, Health Insurance Fund and the Bureau of Drugs, working with the national experts in drafting recommendations for establishment of a Drug Agency of Macedonia.
The Consultant is envisaged to provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Health and the Bureau for Drugs aiming in:
• To draft the recommendations in line with the legal provisions for formulating and establishing a national Drug Regulatory Authority, Drug Agency of Macedonia;
• To precisely define legal and technical aspects/prerequisites/preconditions for establishment of a Drug Agency;
• To envisage possible obstacles and ways to their overcome in line with legal provisions and EU Directives.
4. The desired qualifications and knowledge of the consultant are the following:
• Pharmaceuticals/medical background and training in related field (is an advantage);
• A minimum of ten years professional experience in the pharmaceutical sector relevant to the assignment;
• Knowledge and experience of pharmaceutical sector reforms and governance issues;
• Familiarity with relevant international best practices in this field;
• Previous experience in working with transitional economics including Western Balkans countries;
5. An individual consultant will be selected in accordance with the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, published by the World Bank in May 2004, revised October 2006.
Interested eligible consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 08:30 – 16:30 CET, Monday to Friday.
6. Interested consultants' are invited to submit their CV's in English electronically (as word documents, in pdf or similar formats, with size not to exceed 2MB) or in hard copy, which should among all outline that they are qualified to carry out the services.
Expressions of interest, supported by CV's and all other relevant documents must be delivered on e-mail listed below no latter than December 04, 2008, 16:00 hrs. CET.
Ministry of Finance
Dame Gruev, 14
Republic of Macedonia
Attn. Mr. Badzukov Sasko
PDPL PIU - Procurement Officer
Tel: ++ 389 2 3296-993;
Fax: ++ 389 2 3296-994;
cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, and