Invitation to Apply for Eligibility and to Bid
IAEB No. 2008-024-Goods
CANTEEN CONCESSIONAIRE FOR SSS MAIN OFFICE
1. The SOCIAL SECURITY SYSTEM (SSS) intends to apply the sum of P1,200,000.00 consisting of minimum monthly fee of P50,000.00 for the two-year rental of the canteen concession. Bids received below the two-year minimum rental amount shall be automatically rejected at bid opening.
2. The SSS now invites Bids from eligible bidders to rent and operate for two (2) years, the canteen located at the SSS Main Office, SSS Building, East Avenue., Diliman, Quezon City. The two-year contract period shall commence on 09 September 2008 or upon contract signing, whichever comes later. The description of an eligible Bidder is contained in Section II of the Bidding Documents, Instruction to Bidders (ITB).
3. Bidding will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using non-discretionary pass/fail criteria as specified in the Implementing Rules and Regulations Part A (IRR-A) of Republic Act 9184 (R.A. 9184), otherwise known as the "Government Procurement Reform Act," and is restricted to Filipino citizens/sole proprietorships, organizations with at least sixty percent (60%) interest or outstanding capital stock belonging to citizens of the Philippines, and to citizens or organizations of a country the laws or regulations of which grant similar rights or privileges to Filipino citizens, pursuant to Republic Act 5183 (R.A. 5183) and subject to Commonwealth Act 138 (C.A. 138). Only Bids from Bidders who pass the eligibility check will be opened. The process for the eligibility check is described in Section I of the Bidding Documents, ITB. The bidder with the Lowest Calculated Bid (LCB) shall advance to the post-qualification stage in order to finally determine responsiveness of the bid to technical and financial requirements of the project. The contract shall then be awarded to the Lowest Calculated and Responsive Bidder (LCRB) who was determined as such during the post-qualification procedure.
4. Interested Bidders may obtain further information from the SOCIAL SECURITY SYSTEM and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below from Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
5. A complete set of Bidding Documents may be purchased by interested Bidders from the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee in the amount of P1,500.00. The method of payment will be on a cash basis payable at the SSS Cashiering Department, SSS Main Bldg., Ground floor, upon accomplishment of SSS Form R-6. The Bidding Documents shall be received personally by the prospective Bidder or his authorized representative.
6. The SSS' Bids & Awards Committee will hold a Pre-Bid Conference on 16 May 2008 at 2:30p.m. at the Green Room, 12th Floor, SSS Main Bldg,, East Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City.
7. Bids and eligibility requirements must be delivered at the Green Room, 12th Floor, SSS Main Building on 30 May 2008 not later than 2:00p.m. All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid security in the form and amount indicated in the Bid Tender Documents. Late Bids shall not be accepted.
8. Bid opening shall be held at the Green Room, 12th Floor, SSS Main Bldg., East Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City on 30 May 2008 at 2:00p.m. Bids will be opened in the presence of the Bidders' representatives who choose to attend at the given address
9. The SSS and/or its Bids and Awards Committee reserve the right to accept or reject any or all Bids without offering any reason, waive any formality or technicality, and to award to any bidder whose proposal is deemed most advantageous to the SSS. The SSS and/or its Bids and Awards Committee will not assume any obligation for any loss whatsoever that may be incurred by the bidders in the preparation of their respective bids, nor do they guarantee that an award will be made.
Bid and Awards Committee
6th Floor, SSS Main Building
East Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City
Tel # 922-2991; 922-1070; 920-6401 local 5491
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Facsimile number - (02) 922-1070
BIDS & AWARDS COMMITTEE
Approved budget: PHP 1,200,000.00
Delivery period: 2 Year/s
Original notice: http://www.philgeps.net/GEPS/Tender/PrintableBidNoticeAbstractUI.aspx?menuIndex=3&refid=602454