INVITATION FOR BIDS
MINISTRY OF POWER & RENEWABLE ENERGY
Date : 16th March 2017
Name of Country : Sri Lanka
Name of Project : Renewable Energy Absorption Transmission Development Project (REATDP)
(AFD Agreement No: CLK101104L)
IFB No : CEB/REATDP/2015/IFB/A/002
1. The Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka has received funds from the Agence Française de Développement (the French Development Agency) towards the cost of Renewable Energy Absorption Transmission Development Project (REATDP). It is intended that part of the proceeds of these funds will be applied to eligible payments under the contracts for REATDP, Grid Substations - Package 2:
Design, Supply, Delivery, Installation and Commissioning of;
Lot A: Protection, Control, Metering and Substation Automation System (SAS)
Design, Supply and Delivery of;
Lot B: Steel Structures, Gantries, Busbars, Conductors, Post Insulators & Insulator Strings, Connectors and Connecting Accessories
2. The Ceylon Electricity Board now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the procurement Package 2 mentioned above (“the Goods”) for the construction of 2 x 31.5 MVA, 132 kV / 33 kV New Grid Substations namely Maliboda, Nawalapitiya, Ragala and Wewalwatta.
3. Bidders have the option of submitting bid for one lot or both lots. Bidders wishing to offer discounts in case they are awarded more than one contract will be allowed to do so, provided those discounts are included in the Bid Submission Sheet.
4. International Competitive Bidding will be conducted in accordance with both Asian Development Bank’s (ADB’s) and Agence Française de Développement’s (AFD’s) Single Stage: One Envelope Bidding Procedures and is open to all bidders from eligible source countries of the AFD.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at the office of
Project Manager (REATDP)
Ceylon Electricity Board, 1st Floor, GOBA Building,
No. 65/1, Sir Chittampalam A Gardiner Mawatha, Colombo 02, Sri Lanka.
Tel: +94(0) 11-2325957, Fax: +94 (0)11-2435580
6. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of LKR 20,000.00 by cash or bank draft written in favor of Ceylon Electricity Board, Sri Lanka OR,
Request for delivery by sending a written application to the address above requesting the bidding documents for REATDP, Grid Substations – Package 2. The application must include a bank draft in favor of Ceylon Electricity Board, for LKR 25,000.00 (domestic delivery) or US$ 300.00 (Overseas delivery). The document will be sent by courier. No liability will be accepted for loss or late delivery.
7. The provisions in the Instructions to Bidders and in the General Conditions of Contract are the provisions of the Standard Bidding Document for the Procurement of Goods issued by the ADB, dated September 2010. However, certain additions / modifications /replacements to the clauses and formats of this document were incorporated to comply with the requirements of the funding Agency, Agence Française de Développement (AFD).
8. Bids must be delivered to the Office of Additional General Manager (Projects), 4th Floor, Landmark Building, 385, Galle Road, Colombo 03, Sri Lanka on or before the dead line 10.00 am on 24th May 2017 and must be accompanied by Bid securities in the amounts follows;
Lot A: LKR 9.50 million or US$ 0.07 million
Lot B: LKR 3.00 million or U$$ 0.02 million
9. Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend immediately after dead line for bid submission on 24th May 2017 at the office of Additional General Manager (Projects).
10. When comparing Bids, ADB Domestic Preference Scheme will be applied in accordance with the provisions stipulated in the Bidding Document.
11. Qualification criteria is given in the Bidding Document.
STANDING CABINET APPOINTED PROCUREMENT COMMITTEE